Thursday, May 6, 2010

Miam Miam Miam

While feeding Coralie this evening her pureed goodies, she started to squeeze her eyes shut and say, "Miam miam miam." It sounds like a toss between "Mom" and "Yum". I was able to catch some of it on video and will post it as soon as I find the cord that connects it to the computer.

Another interesting event of the day were our neighbors. As Max puts it, our new house is on Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives. We can just see the curtains parting as we step outside or get in our cars to go out. Tonight Coralie had a massive poo explosion so I was going upstairs to change her. I just had her diaper off when the doorbell rang. Cursing, I put the sodden diaper back on and ran downstairs. Waiting for me is a family from across the street with chocolate muffins. Normally I wouldn't mind this at all, but I had a stinky poo filled diaper on my hands! I welcomed them into our mess of a house and they stayed and chatted for awhile. Poor baby was so good, too! After they left we went out to get the mail and another neighbor was sitting on her porch stoop and beckoned me over. We chatted for a good half hour and then Coralie and I sauntered home for baths and a bottle. I've never lived in a place like this before: in a cul-de-sac where everyone knows everyone. I must say that it is interesting and hopefully we will make some friends. I'm sure that if nothing else I will have some great stories to tell!

3 comments:

  1. You will have to learn to be real social!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great though! Plus, when CG gets a little older she'll have kids to play with. Imagine who my best friend would be if I had moved in somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psssh! You wouldn't have a best friend as cool as me if you didn't move next door!

    ReplyDelete